Alright So I know I kind of made a promise for a video a day.
Unfortunately due to the nature of my work and campus life this became impossible as it comes down to me managing and balancing a large amount of tasks on my plate, a lot of which didn't even get done between the time of making that statement and actually getting to follow through with the idea.
You see like life, Vega has a way of wriggling its way into every bit of free time that you have and when it comes down to the rest and relaxation part of it, the last thing that you want to do is ANYTHING regarding campus. Of course I speak for myself when I say this!
Now regarding the success of this brief I believe that I was genuinely uncomfortable 100 percent of the time for the past 9 days. I have had extreme lack of sleep and fatigue as well as neglected all physical exercise over the past 10 days which has lead to health problems such as a nagging back. This also relates to the fact that as a student I have had to sit down for long periods at a time doing work, and while getting up and taking a break is of course the right thing to do, there are times when you will find yourself on a role and not have the courage to just get up and leave your work as it is for the time being.
I can comfortably say that while I have new respect for the goth culture and could possibly undergo the transition into adapting the ideologies of the culture, I still cannot come to dress in the unwritten dress code. Black clothing is and will always be an unethical choice for a tropical climate like Durban. While my girlfriend believes "I look sexy in black", I have and will always put being comfortable first and will not adapt a dark style purely based on a culture. I also suppose that my extrovert nature is not becoming of the style.
I would like to formerly thank Vega for such a weird opportunity. It has been a difficult and draining 10 days but I will always remember it and I think that, that is the most important part.
I hope that all my fellow classmates were successfully uncomfortable and I can't wait to see you when you're all back to normal!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment