Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Goth Music: The Velvet Underground


Alright so here we have a full album of The Velvet Underground is an American Rock Band active between 1964 and 1973. 

I've honestly listened to this band and enjoyed them before this intervention, not for any particular reason other than when I was much younger. Lets say 2008. I was very into a show by the name of "Gossip Girl" and one of the characters that really had a major impact on my life from that show was of course the infamous Chuck Bass played by  Ed Westwick. There was nothing like him, and I really wanted to be him, so I found a character profile of his and managed to find all this cool music that the character would listen to if he were a real life person. 

It's funny that this type of music should come up for a character such as himself though I have begun to see the cohesiveness as Chuck was in fact VERY much a Goth like character who seemed to believe the world was fucked up, was a sort of a loner, and believed in a way that he to was fucked up because of this. 

Of course he was a teenager with daddy issues, but the fact still remains that chuck may have in fact adapted a Goth like lifestyle as it appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment