Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Edgar Allan Poe


Alright so this is the man behind the South Park Goth ideologies and from the way he appears, I believe that he could very well have started the movement. They say he was part of the American Romantic Movement and invented the Detective Genre. 

It seems as though Poe died before he reaped any bennefits of his works. Not only that but an interesting fact is that Poe married his 13 year old cousin. 

The poem below is one of his first pieces and is said to be the one which he is most famous for, and the one he made his mark with. 

The Raven 

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visiter," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door—
            Only this and nothing more."

No comments:

Post a Comment